Wisconsin Cheese Camp
Presented by Wisconsin Cheese Originals
With special thanks to Premiere Sponsor Carr Valley Cheese!
Saturday & Sunday, November 4 – 5
1001 Wisconsin Place, Madison, WI
Tickets to Wisconsin Cheese Camp go on sale exclusively to members of Wisconsin Cheese Originals on September 6. Any remaining tickets will go on sale to the public October 3. Want to make sure you get tickets? Become a member and support Wisconsin artisan cheesemakers year-round. Tickets will sell out fast.
- VIP Package $359: includes your choice of one of three Saturday all-day cheese factory bus tours, one ticket to Saturday evening Wisconsin Cheddar Dinner featuring author Gordon Edgar, one ticket to Sunday morning educational seminar on Biodiversity and Taste of Place with authors Bronwen & Francis Percival, one VIP ticket with early entrance to the Sunday afternoon Meet the Wisconsin Cheesemaker Gala inside The Edgewater Grand Ballroom. Note: hotel not included- book separately if needed (see below).
- Ala carte prices:
- Saturday small-group All-Day Cheese Factory & Dairy Farm Bus Tours, each limited to 25 people: $139
- Saturday evening Wisconsin Cheddar Dinner with author Gordon Edgar at The Edgewater: $120
- Sunday morning Cheese & Microbes seminar with Bronwen & Francis Percival and Cheesemaker Andy Hatch: $45
- Sunday afternoon VIP – early entrance to Wisconsin Meet the Cheesemaker Gala: $75
- Sunday afternoon regular admission Wisconsin Meet the Cheesemaker Gala: $50
A hotel room block at The Edgewater is currently available until Sept 20 for $199/night. Make your online reservation here or call 800-922-5512 before Sept. 20 and ask for the Wisconsin Cheese Camp block rate.
Book your weekend to Wisconsin now for Cheese Camp! This destination event is your once-in-a-lifetime chance to visit Wisconsin cheese factories and dairy farms, meet and talk shop with 30 of your favorite Wisconsin cheesemakers, meet author and superstar cheesemonger Gordon Edgar, and learn the latest research on Cheese & Microbes from Bronwen Percival, cheese buyer at Neal’s Yard Dairy in London and her husband, author Francis Percival.
Here’s the schedule:
Saturday, Nov. 4, all day: You’ll get to choose from one of three different All Day Bus Tours to Wisconsin dairy farms and cheese factories. You’ll meet master cheesemakers, fourth generation dairy farmers, and learn Wisconsin’s dairy heritage and our future. Itineraries to be announced soon. Each tour limited to 25 people.
Saturday, Nov. 4, evening: Enjoy a four-course Wisconsin Cheddar Dinner at The Edgewater with guest speaker and superstar cheesemonger Gordon Edgar, and receive a complimentary copy of his book, Cheddar: A Journey to the Heart of America’s Most Iconic Cheese. Dinner limited to 95 attendees.
Sunday, Nov 5, morning: Learn about the Biodiversity and Taste of Place at a 90-minute master seminar with Bronwen & Francis Percival, authors of the new book: Reinventing the Wheel: Milk, Microbes, and the Fight for Real Cheese. Bronwen is the cheese buyer for Neal’s Yard Dairy in London, and along with Dr. Benjamin Wolfe, co-founded the website MicrobialFoods.org, a scientific resource for producers, purveyors, and enthusiasts of artisan microbial foods. Francis is a cheese and wine writer and educator, whose work has appeared in The World of Fine Wine, Decanter, the UK’s Financial Times, as well as in Culture, Saveur, and Gourmet. They’ll partner with special guest speaker Uplands Cheesemaker Andy Hatch. All attendees will receive a complimentary copy of their book. Limited to 75 attendees.
Sunday, Nov. 5, afternoon: No Cheese Camp would be complete without a fabulous Meet the Wisconsin Cheesemaker Gala in The Edgewater Grand Ballroom, where 30 Wisconsin cheesemakers will sample more than 125 cheeses to just 400 lucky attendees. VIP attendees will gain entrance one hour earlier and receive three complimentary drink tickets for wine, beer or soda. Regular ticket-holders will receive two complimentary drink tickets. All attendees will receive a free lunch bag cooler, courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board. Stay tuned for a list of Wisconsin cheesemakers attending the gala! VIP tickets limited to 100 attendees. Regular admission tickets limited to 300 attendees.