Presented by Roth Cheese & Wisconsin Cheese Originals
Sunday, April 9, 2017
12 Noon – 4 PM
105 North First Street, Minneapolis, MN
Tickets: $75, includes all samples, open bar with wine, beer & soda and appetizers from Fabulous Catering using local ingredients. A total of 50 VIP tickets are available to Balcony Lounges for a bird’s eye view of the event.
General Admission and VIP Tickets are currently on sale to Members of Wisconsin Cheese Originals. Remaining available tickets will go on sale to the public on March 1.
Cheesetopia is proud to call Minneapolis home in 2017. Each year, this traveling festival brings the best artisan and farmstead cheeses to the heart of a different American city. In 2017, attendees will have the opportunity to meet, greet, sample and purchase cheese and artisan foods from 40 of the best producers in the Midwest inside Aria, one of the most beautiful structures in the Minneapolis Warehouse Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was originally known as the Realty Warehouse Company building, and was designed by noted architect Cass Gilbert, who designed the state Capitol.
With its soaring original brick walls, cavernous ceilings, crystal chandeliers, whimsical artwork, and decadent furniture, the home to Cheesetopia 2017 combines old world elegance with new world chic. Aria is indeed the perfect backdrop to one of the largest ever gatherings of artisan cheesemakers and food producers in the United States.
All attendees will receive a complimentary insulated shopping/lunch bag for their purchases, courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board and the dairy farmers of Wisconsin. Score!
This event sells out fast. If you’d like to guarantee tickets, consider supporting artisan cheesemakers by joining Wisconsin Cheese Originals for just $35 per year. Membership provides a backstage pass to tours, cheesemaker dinners, classes and events. Join here.
Arriving the night before? Join Wisconsin Cheese Originals and the League of Minnesota Cheesemakers for a fun Curd Nerd Trivia Contest at the Renaissance Hotel Minneapolis at 7 pm on Saturday, April 8. Tickets: $25, includes snacks and beverages with cash bar. Prizes for top two teams! Tickets currently on sale to members of Wisconsin Cheese Originals – remaining tickets go on sale March 1.
Looking for a place to stay overnight? Wisconsin Cheese Originals has a room block at the Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot for $105/night. Book your group rate for Cheesetopia before March 8 to take advantage of this discounted rate. Guests may cancel their reservations up until 24 hours prior to the day of arrival.
Participating Cheesetopia cheesemakers & artisans in 2017 include:
- Alemar Cheese Company, Mankato, Minnesota – Cheesemaker Craig Hageman sampling Bent River Camembert, Blue Earth Brie & Good Thunder Washed Rind
- Ames Farm Honey, Delano, Minnesota – Artisan Josh King and Owner Brian Fredericksen sampling Single Source Raw Honey
- Baker’s Field Flour & Bread, Minneapolis, Minnesota – Owner & Head Miller Steve Horton sampling an assortment of Naturally-Leavened Breads, made with flour that is stone-milled from local, organic grains
- Bleu Mont Dairy, Blue Mounds, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Aaron Peper sampling Bandaged Cheddar, Big Sky Grana & Cestino Pecora
- CannonBelles Cheese, Randolph, Minnesota – Owners and Cheesemakers Kathy Hupf, Deeann Lufkin and Jackie Ohmann sampling Flavored Cheese Curds, Queso Fresco, Gouda & Aged Cheddar
- Caprine Supreme, Black Creek, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker and Owners Todd & Sheryl Jaskolski sampling Goat Milk Cheese Curds, Mild Cheddar, Lavender Jack, Creamy Parm, Goat Milk Brie, Feta, Gouda & Roh Kase
- Carr Valley Cheese, LaValle, Wisconsin – Representative Dave Christoff sampling Menage, Airco, Marisa, Cranberry Chipotle Cheddar, Wildfire Blue, Ba Ba Blue, Apple Smoked Cheddar, Creama Kasa & Sweet Vanilla Cardona
- Caves of Faribault, Faribault, Minnesota – Cheese Plant Manager Jill Ellingson sampling St. Pete’s Select Blue Cheese, Fini Cave Aged Cheddar and Winterfest Blues & Brews Blue Cheese
- Cedar Grove Cheese, Plain, Wisconsin – Master Cheesemaker Scott Barker sampling Donatello & Organic Cheddars
- Clock Shadow Creamery, Milwaukee, Wisconsin – Master Cheesemaker Scott Barker sampling Quark and flavored Quark, Chevre & Double Cream Colby
- Cosmic Wheel Creamery, Clear Lake, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Rama Hoffpavir sampling Circle of the Sun, Antares & Moonglow
- Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese, Waterloo, Wisconsin – Beth & Karl Crave sampling Marinated Fresh Mozzarella, Mascarpone, Farmer’s Rope String Cheese, Cheddar Cheese Curds & Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese Curds
- Deer Creek Cheese, Sheboygan, Wisconsin – Representative Kayla Immel sampling Deer Creek 1-Year Cheddar, 3-Year Cheddar, 5-Year, Cheddar, 7-Year Cheddar, Vat 17, The Fawn, The Stag, The Rattlesnake, The Robin, The Doe, The Blue Jay & The Imperial Buck
- Edelweiss Creamery, Monticello, Wisconsin – Master Cheesemaker Bruce Workman sampling Butterkase, Havarti, Dill Havarti & Muenster
- Emmi Roth USA, Monroe,Wisconsin – Cheesetopia’s Marquee Sponsor sampling Prairie Sunset, Grand Cru Original, Grand Cru Reserve, Grand Cru Surchoix, Roth Private Reserve, GranQueso & Sriracha Gouda
- Fortune Fish & Gourmet, Bensenville, Illinois – Gourmet Buyer James Croskey sampling Fayette Creamery Raw Cheddar Spread, Fayette Creamery Horseradish Spread, Brunkow Plain Baked Cheese, Brunkow Garlic Baked Cheese, Brunkow Jalapeno Baked Cheese, Hook’s Blue Cheese, Hook’s 1-Year Cheddar & Hook’s 2-Year Cheddar
- Hidden Springs Creamery, Westby, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Brenda Jensen sampling fresh Driftless in various flavors, Wischago, Ocooch Mountain, Vernon County Renegade, Bohemian Blue, Bad Axe, Timber Coulee & Meadow Melody
- Idyll Farms, Northport, Michigan – Cheesemaker Melissa Hiles and Owner Amy Spitznagel sampling multiple flavors of Idyll Pastures, multiple flavors of Spreadable Idyll Pastures, Mont Idyll, Idyllweiss, Idyll Gris & Camembert
- Jacobs & Brichford Farmstead Cheese, Connersville, Indiana – Cheesemaker Leslie Jacobs & Maize Jacobs-Brichford sampling Everton, Everton Premium Reserve, Tomme de Fayette, Briana & Briana with Truffles
- Kasa Family Foods, Maplewood, Minnesota – Owners Krista and Steve Aspinwall sampling Velvet Bees Gourmet Honey Butter
- LaClare Farms Specialties, Pipe, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Katie Fuhrmann sampling Evalon, Martone, Chandoka, Raw Milk Goat Cheddar, Goat Cheddar & Goat Pepperjack
- Landmark Creamery, Albany, Wisconsin – Cheesemakers Anna Landmark and Anna Thomas Bates sampling Anabasque, Petit Nuage, Pecora Nocciola, Tallgrass Reserve & Pipit
- Marieke Gouda, Thorp, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Marieke Penterman sampling Marieke Gouda Smoked, Marieke Gouda Truffle, Marieke Gouda Cumin, Marieke Golden & Marieke Gouda Young
- Martha’s Pimento Cheese, Milwaukee, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Martha Davis Kipcak sampling Martha’s Pimento Cheese Mild, Martha’s Pimento Cheese with Jalapeno & Martha’s Pimento Cheese with Chile de Arbol
- Olive on Tap, Minnetonka, Minnesota – Owners Rebecca & Don Bouchier sampling Artisan Blended Olive Oils, Balsamic Vinegars, Tapenade, Artichokes in Merlot, Muffaletta, Asiago Parmesan Cheese Dip, Bruschetta Toppings, Honey Mustards, Balsamic Jams, Italiano Antipasto & Bread Dipping Seasonings
- Organic Valley, LaFarge, Wisconsin – Master Cheesemaker Carie Wagner sampling Organic Valley cheeses
- Potter’s Crackers, Madison, Wisconsin – Owner Nancy Potter sampling a variety of Potter’s Crackers, Potter’s Crisps and Potter’s Oyster Crackers
- Quince and Apple, Madison, Wisconsin – Owners Clare & Matt Stoner Fehsenfeld sampling a variety of small-batch preserves, including: Figs and Black Tea, Pear with Honey and Ginger, Peach Chamomile, Raspberry Rose & Tart Cherry and White Tea
- Red Barn Family Farms, Appleton, Wisconsin – Owner Paula Homan sampling Le Rouge, a new French-style Alpine Cheese made for Red Barn by Jon Metzig, Willow Creek Creamery in Berlin, Wisconsin, Cupola American Original Cheese, 5-Year Heritage Weis Old World-Style White Cheddar, Monterey Jack & Edun New Zealand-style Raw Milk Cheddar
- Red Table Meat Company, Minneapolis, Minnesota – Owner & Salumiere Mike Phillips sampling Mortadella, Pancetta, Lonza, and Large Caliber Salami.
- Redhead Creamery, Brooten, Minnesota – Cheesemaker Alise Sjostrom sampling Lucky Linda Clothbound Cheddar, Little Lucy Brie & North Fork Whiskey Washed Munster
- Rochdale Farms, Minneapolis, Minnesota – President Mary Bess Michaletz sampling Hand Rolled Butter, Yogurt, Goat Cheddar & Organic Cheeses
- Roelli Cheese, Shullsburg, Wisconsin – Master Cheesemaker Chris Roelli sampling Dunbarton Blue & Red Rock
- Sartori Company, Plymouth, Wisconsin – Master Cheesemaker Pam Hodgson sampling Extra Aged Goat Cheese, MontAmore, SarVecchio Parmesan, Chipotle BellaVitano, Rosemary & Olive Oil Asiago
- Saxon Creamery, Cleveland, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Eric Steltenpohl sampling Big Ed’s Gourmet Cheese Spread, Asiago Fresca Gourmet Cheese Spread, Pastures English Style Cheddar, Big Ed’s Smokehaus Gouda, Big Ed’s Gouda & Snowfields Aged Butterkase
- Schuman Cheese, Fairfield, New Jersey – Representatives Catherine Thornton, Jim Gregori and Neil Cox sampling Cello Hand Crafted Asiago, Cello Artisan Parmesan, Cello Copper Kettle Parmesan, Cello Traditional Romano, Cello Italian Style Fontal, Cello Whisps & Cello Mascarpone
- Sheep Dairy Association of Wisconsin – Dairy Farmer Laurel Kieffer sampling a variety of Wisconsin sheep milk cheeses
- Shepherd’s Way Farms, Nerstrand, Minnesota – Cheesemaker Jodi Ohlsen Read and Shepherd Steven Read sampling Friesago, Big Woods Blue, Hidden Falls & Shepherd’s Hope
- Smoking Goose, Indianapolis, Indiana – Coordinator Kate Langdon sampling a brand new product: Rust Belt Salame, which will be released in March, as well as Stagberry and Gin & Juice
- Springside Cheese, Oconto Falls, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Nathan Hintz sampling Bandaged Cheddar, Krakow & Pueblo Jack
- Treat Bake Shop, Milwaukee, Wisconsin – Owner Sarah Marx Feldner sampling Spiced & Candied Nuts
- Uplands Cheese, Dodgeville, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Andy Hatch sampling Pleasant Ridge Reserve
- Vermont Creamery, Websterville, Vermont – Representative Michele Haram sampling St. Albans, Bonne Bouche, Bijou & Cranberry Orange Cinnamon Chevre
- Widmer’s Cheese Cellars, Theresa, Wisconsin – Master Cheesemaker Joseph C. Widmer, Sr. and Cheesemaker Joseph C. Widmer, Jr. sampling Aged Brick, Mild Brick, 4-Year cheddar, 12-Year Cheddar & Brick Spread
- Yellow River Dairy, Monona, Iowa – Owners Don & Pat Lund sampling goat cheeses