Cheesetopia Minneapolis 2017
Presented by Roth Cheese & Wisconsin Cheese Originals
Thank you to everyone who attended our SOLD OUT Cheesetopia Minneapolis on April 9.
In April 2018, Cheesetopia will be in Milwaukee. Watch for an announcement in the coming weeks on location and date.
Midwest Cheesetopia rotates between Milwaukee, Chicago and Minneapolis every year, bringing a star-studded line-up of more than 40 award-winning cheesemakers and artisan food producers to a unique venue in the heart of the city. A cheesemaker, company owner or a knowledgeable company employee is required to be present, assuring attendees meet the makers of their favorite cheeses.
Watch for an additional National Cheesetopia festival to be launched in 2018, allowing cheese lovers in two different parts of the country the opportunity to meet their favorite local artisan cheesemakers.
Thank you to all participating Cheesetopia Minneapolis 2017 cheesemakers & artisans including:
- Alemar Cheese Company, Mankato, Minnesota – Cheesemaker Craig Hageman sampling Bent River Camembert, Blue Earth Brie & Good Thunder Washed Rind
- Ames Farm Honey, Delano, Minnesota – Artisan Josh King and Owner Brian Fredericksen sampling Single Source Raw Honey
- Baker’s Field Flour & Bread, Minneapolis, Minnesota – Owner & Head Miller Steve Horton sampling an assortment of Naturally-Leavened Breads, made with flour that is stone-milled from local, organic grains
- Bleu Mont Dairy, Blue Mounds, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Aaron Peper sampling Bandaged Cheddar, Big Sky Grana & Cestino Pecora
- CannonBelles Cheese, Randolph, Minnesota – Owners and Cheesemakers Kathy Hupf, Deeann Lufkin and Jackie Ohmann sampling Flavored Cheese Curds, Queso Fresco, Gouda & Aged Cheddar
- Caprine Supreme, Black Creek, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker and Owners Todd & Sheryl Jaskolski sampling Goat Milk Cheese Curds, Mild Cheddar, Lavender Jack, Creamy Parm, Goat Milk Brie, Feta, Gouda & Roh Kase
- Carr Valley Cheese, LaValle, Wisconsin – Representative Dave Christoff sampling Menage, Airco, Marisa, Cranberry Chipotle Cheddar, Wildfire Blue, Ba Ba Blue, Apple Smoked Cheddar, Creama Kasa & Sweet Vanilla Cardona
- Caves of Faribault, Faribault, Minnesota – Cheese Plant Manager Jill Ellingson sampling St. Pete’s Select Blue Cheese, Fini Cave Aged Cheddar and Winterfest Blues & Brews Blue Cheese
- Cedar Grove Cheese, Plain, Wisconsin – Master Cheesemaker Scott Barker sampling Donatello & Organic Cheddars
- Clock Shadow Creamery, Milwaukee, Wisconsin – Master Cheesemaker Scott Barker sampling Quark and flavored Quark, Chevre & Double Cream Colby
- Cosmic Wheel Creamery, Clear Lake, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Rama Hoffpavir sampling Circle of the Sun, Antares & Moonglow
- Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese, Waterloo, Wisconsin – Beth & Karl Crave sampling Marinated Fresh Mozzarella, Mascarpone, Farmer’s Rope String Cheese, Cheddar Cheese Curds & Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese Curds
- Deer Creek Cheese, Sheboygan, Wisconsin – Representative Kayla Immel sampling Deer Creek 1-Year Cheddar, 3-Year Cheddar, 5-Year, Cheddar, 7-Year Cheddar, Vat 17, The Fawn, The Stag, The Rattlesnake, The Robin, The Doe, The Blue Jay & The Imperial Buck
- Edelweiss Creamery, Monticello, Wisconsin – Master Cheesemaker Bruce Workman sampling Butterkase, Havarti, Dill Havarti & Muenster
- Emmi Roth USA, Monroe, Wisconsin – Cheesetopia’s Marquee Sponsor and Cheesemaker Allen Heidt sampling the 2016 World Champion Cheese: Grand Cru Surchoix, as well as Prairie Sunset, Grand Cru Original, Grand Cru Reserve, Roth Private Reserve, GranQueso & Sriracha Gouda
- Fortune Fish & Gourmet, Bensenville, Illinois – Gourmet Buyer James Croskey sampling Fayette Creamery Raw Cheddar Spread, Fayette Creamery Horseradish Spread, Hook’s Blue Cheese, Hook’s 1-Year Cheddar & Hook’s 2-Year Cheddar
- Hidden Springs Creamery, Westby, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Brenda Jensen sampling fresh Driftless in various flavors, Wischago, Ocooch Mountain, Vernon County Renegade, Bohemian Blue, Bad Axe, Timber Coulee & Meadow Melody
- Idyll Farms, Northport, Michigan – Cheesemaker Melissa Hiles and Owner Amy Spitznagel sampling multiple flavors of Idyll Pastures, multiple flavors of Spreadable Idyll Pastures, Mont Idyll, Idyllweiss, Idyll Gris & Camembert
- Jacobs & Brichford Farmstead Cheese, Connersville, Indiana – Cheesemaker Leslie Jacobs & Maize Jacobs-Brichford sampling Everton, Everton Premium Reserve, Tomme de Fayette, Briana & Briana with Truffles
- Kasa Family Foods, Maplewood, Minnesota – Owners Krista and Steve Aspinwall sampling Velvet Bees Gourmet Honey Butter
- LaClare Farms Specialties, Pipe, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Katie Fuhrmann sampling Evalon, Martone, Chandoka, Raw Milk Goat Cheddar, Goat Cheddar & Goat Pepperjack
- Landmark Creamery, Albany, Wisconsin – Cheesemakers Anna Landmark and Anna Thomas Bates sampling Anabasque, Petit Nuage, Pecora Nocciola, Tallgrass Reserve & Pipit
- Maple Leaf Cheesemakers, Monroe, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Jake Huffman sampling English Hollow Cheddar, Maple Leaf Gouda & Jalapeno Jack.
- Marieke Gouda, Thorp, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Marieke Penterman sampling Marieke Gouda Smoked, Marieke Gouda Truffle, Marieke Gouda Cumin, Marieke Golden & Marieke Gouda Young
- Martha’s Pimento Cheese, Milwaukee, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Martha Davis Kipcak sampling Martha’s Pimento Cheese Mild, Martha’s Pimento Cheese with Jalapeno & Martha’s Pimento Cheese with Chile de Arbol
- Olive on Tap, Minnetonka, Minnesota – Owners Rebecca & Don Bouchier sampling Artisan Blended Olive Oils, Balsamic Vinegars, Tapenade, Artichokes in Merlot, Muffaletta, Asiago Parmesan Cheese Dip, Bruschetta Toppings, Honey Mustards, Balsamic Jams, Italiano Antipasto & Bread Dipping Seasonings
- Organic Valley, LaFarge, Wisconsin – Master Cheesemaker Carie Wagner sampling Organic Valley cheeses
- Potter’s Crackers, Madison, Wisconsin – Owner Nancy Potter sampling a variety of Potter’s Crackers, Potter’s Crisps and Potter’s Oyster Crackers
- Quince and Apple, Madison, Wisconsin – Owners Clare & Matt Stoner Fehsenfeld sampling a variety of small-batch preserves, including: Figs and Black Tea, Pear with Honey and Ginger, Peach Chamomile, Raspberry Rose & Tart Cherry and White Tea
- Red Barn Family Farms, Appleton, Wisconsin – Owner Paula Homan sampling Le Rouge, a new French-style Alpine Cheese made for Red Barn by Jon Metzig, Willow Creek Creamery in Berlin, Wisconsin, Cupola American Original Cheese, 5-Year Heritage Weis Old World-Style White Cheddar, Monterey Jack & Edun New Zealand-style Raw Milk Cheddar
- Red Table Meat Company, Minneapolis, Minnesota – Owner & Salumiere Mike Phillips sampling Mortadella, Pancetta, Lonza, and Large Caliber Salami.
- Redhead Creamery, Brooten, Minnesota – Cheesemaker Alise Sjostrom sampling Lucky Linda Clothbound Cheddar, Little Lucy Brie & North Fork Whiskey Washed Munster
- Rochdale Farms, Minneapolis, Minnesota – President Mary Bess Michaletz sampling Hand Rolled Butter, Yogurt, Goat Cheddar & Organic Cheeses
- Roelli Cheese, Shullsburg, Wisconsin – Master Cheesemaker Chris Roelli sampling Dunbarton Blue & Red Rock
- Sartori Company, Plymouth, Wisconsin – Master Cheesemaker Pam Hodgson sampling the 2017 U.S. Champion Cheese: Black Pepper BellaVitano, as well as Extra Aged Goat Cheese, MontAmore, SarVecchio Parmesan and Rosemary & Olive Oil Asiago
- Saxon Creamery, Cleveland, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Eric Steltenpohl sampling Big Ed’s Gourmet Cheese Spread, Asiago Fresca Gourmet Cheese Spread, Pastures English Style Cheddar, Big Ed’s Smokehaus Gouda, Big Ed’s Gouda & Snowfields Aged Butterkase
- Schuman Cheese, Wisconsin – Representatives Catherine Thornton, Jim Gregori and Neil Cox sampling Cello Hand Crafted Asiago, Cello Artisan Parmesan, Cello Copper Kettle Parmesan, Cello Traditional Romano, Cello Italian Style Fontal, Cello Whisps & Cello Mascarpone
- Sheep Dairy Association of Wisconsin – Sheep Dairy Farmers Laurel Kieffer, John Mayer and Brian & Tammy Michielson sampling a variety of Wisconsin sheep milk cheeses
- Shepherd’s Way Farms, Nerstrand, Minnesota – Cheesemaker Jodi Ohlsen Read and Shepherd Steven Read sampling Friesago, Big Woods Blue, Hidden Falls & Shepherd’s Hope
- Smoking Goose, Indianapolis, Indiana – Coordinator Kate Langdon sampling a brand new product: Rust Belt Salame, which will be released in March, as well as Stagberry and Gin & Juice
- Springside Cheese, Oconto Falls, Wisconsin – Cheesemakers Nathan Hintz and Dane Huebner sampling Bandaged Cheddar, Krakow & Pueblo Jack
- Treat Bake Shop, Milwaukee, Wisconsin – Owner Sarah Marx Feldner sampling Spiced & Candied Nuts
- Uplands Cheese, Dodgeville, Wisconsin – Cheesemaker Andy Hatch sampling Pleasant Ridge Reserve
- Vermont Creamery, Websterville, Vermont – Representative Michele Haram sampling St. Albans, Bonne Bouche, Bijou & Cranberry Orange Cinnamon Chevre
- Widmer’s Cheese Cellars, Theresa, Wisconsin – Master Cheesemaker Joseph C. Widmer, Sr. and Cheesemaker Joseph C. Widmer, Jr. sampling Aged Brick, Mild Brick, 4-Year cheddar, 12-Year Cheddar & Brick Spread
- Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board – Manager of Cheese Education and Training Sara Hill sampling Hook’s Triple Play Cheese from Mineral Point, Wisconsin, paired with Savory Spoon Panforte from Door County, Wisconsin.
- Yellow River Dairy, Monona, Iowa – Owners Don & Pat Lund sampling goat cheeses